Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Check out my six pack

I stumbled across this picture on the Internet recently...the photo brings back fond training table memories (that's where football players eat their meals and I ascended to 300 lbs!). I'm #68, we're playing the University of Kansas. The guy next to me, Ryan Young #76, actually outweighed me by about 30 pounds. His belly made him rich ( he was drafted in the 2nd round by the Jets). My belly was the object of entertainment. Incidentally, we beat the Jay Hawks from Kansas...for the 4th time in a row.

6 comments:

Mike, Julie and Braden said...

Seriously, that's you? Wow man, you've lost a lot of weight! Congratulations.
I wondered why you were always trying to hold my hand when we stand around outside. Now I know it's just a football habit. Whew!

John and Heidi said...

That is great!! I did not know you played =.

Brooke said...

You were huge!!! Gabe could not believe that you were this big. I can't believe it either as I look at it. This picture is sweet. The crowd is packed! This picture could not have captured your glory days any better.

gabe said...

wow- you were a beast!!! I think you could have eaten me!!

Lizz said...

lucky wendy got to tap that keg...

Anonymous said...

I really miss your "fat boy" days! Dad is so ready for Jack and Chase!!! Dad takes great pride in the way Jack and Chase have shown that they are O'Neil eaters, if it tastes good you forget all about the fact that you are FULL!!!!!!
TRADITION